The Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
Who knew there could be so many positives with silk bedding?! I’d already read about the benefits of silk pillowcases and was interested in knowing more, so when Jasmine Silk contacted me to ask if I’d try some I couldn’t say no.
We’ve never had such utter luxury to sleep on before!
Silk is a breathable, natural fibre that is also hypo-allergenic and repellent to dust mites so it’s ideal for allergy-sufferers. Not only do they feel amazing to lay on and look great (I love the colour choices), but they have health benefits too. WIN!
Here are 5 top benefits
- It keeps you cool. Its light, soft feel comforts the skin, while its natural properties wick away excess moisture from the body, helping to prevent hot flushes throughout the night.
- It keeps you warm. Cosy without being heavy, silk bedding is an ideal choice for the winter; being both gentle on the skin and supremely warm. In fact, silk bedding is so divinely light you won’t be able to believe how effectively it keeps out the cold.
- It’s great for skin care. It’s long been known that silk pillowcases can make an amazing difference to the appearance of your skin. The natural material has the ability to make wrinkles appear smoother and won’t leave behind any unsightly creases or marks. Unlike other materials, silk does not absorb face creams, allowing it to work throughout the night. This enables you to get the most out of both products, leaving you well-rested with radiant skin.
- It’s great for the hair. Often the choice of models, sleeping on silk pillowcases keeps hair soft and smooth. The natural proteins found in silk prevent the sleeper’s hair from drying out and becoming matted overnight, allowing you to wake up to a good hair day; every day.
- It’s easy to care for. Silk bedding can be machine washed on a 30°C heat, making it eco-friendly. Wash on a gentle or hand-washable cycle, using a mild, non-biological soap or specialist silk detergent and it can all last you for years to come.
Why not give silk bedding a go yourself and see what you think? Jasmine Silk uses the finest quality Grade A long-strand 100% mulberry silk to manufacture its own silk using ancient Chinese techniques and is the name behind many designer labels, so if you want incredible quality that’s really well priced I’d definitely take a look at their website.
Love this bedroom?
Let me know in the comments if you’ve already converted to silk bedding or if you give it a go after seeing this post, I’d love to know what you think.
Until next time,
Thank you to Jasmine Silk for sponsoring this post