HOW TO RIBBON SWAG YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE
There’s something about the ribbon swag Christmas tree that looks rather decadent isn’t there?
Ribbons are actually a really easy way of updating your decorations without having to buy anything else. You can then use them for gift wrapping the following year if you fancy switching up your decor again…I have to confess to being in the camp of a serial Christmas Tree Decor Switcher!
Here I share some easy tips and tricks, along with a sprinkling of sparkly twigs to create that designer look and how you can use my fillable baubles and dried flowers to make some stunning baubles for the tree.
- WIRED EDGE RIBBON is your friend. Choose in different widths, colours and textures for added interest
- Start at the top of the tree and create one cascade which you can use as a guide for the rest
- Use the wire tips on the tree to bend over the ribbon and fix each loop in place if you have an artificial tree.
- If you have a real tree you can use wire or ribbon.
- Join two different ribbons together to create added depth
- A few sprigs of sparkly twigs at the top of the tree add a designer edge
- Fill your own baubles with dried flowers to create your own bespoke decorations
- Oh So Kel pink wooden angels and fluffy angel tree topper from my Christmas Range finish the look
- At the base of the tree it’s nice to ground the scheme with blankets. It really ensures the tree is a focal point and creates ‘zoning’ when the presents are laid on top.
If you love Christmas, check out these posts for inspiration:
Merry Christmas all and stay safe.